Thursday, February 11, 2010

So glad for inspiration!

You have no idea how many times I have wished for some free time since going back to work. Ironic, then, that once we did have some, thanks to our epic snow, I couldn't get anything going creatively!! I'm in a monthly swap with 4 other stampers, which keeps me on my toes (I'll be sharing their designs later). I stamped and fiddled and stamped and rearranged and finally gave up. Molly loves it when this happens, by the way, because she gets everything I stamped and didn't like. In desperation I surfed my favorite inspiration site and soon my brain was spinning from the never-ending talent displayed there.



This card is an almost-exact CASE of one by kharmagirl, whose designs I have copied before. CASE, by the way, means Copy-And-Share-Everything. When someone posts a design on a stamping site, he or she is giving permission to copy the design, but it is always a good idea to give credit, too. Thoughts and Prayers has been sitting in my stash-- this is the first time I have pulled it out (but won't be the last). I used Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive markers to color the image. It just didn't look right until I followed Judi's lead and paper-pierced the edges, too. Judi's card used some HodgePodge Hardware and the sentiment was stamped in Eggplant on Rose Red-- I didn't have 15 pieces of hardware that were the same, so I just stamped the sentiment on the main image. The sentiments are from Elegant Cheer-- I use that one so often you probably already recognized it-- and I did 5 each of Birthday Wishes, Many Thanks, and For my friend.




Of course there had to be something stamped on the inside! This is something I picked up from Gretchen Barron and it is very rare now that I do not stamp something on the inside panel. I think it just adds that little extra touch!


And after adding an extra touch to the inside, could I let the card be put in a PLAIN envelope? What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment