Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chrismas cards



Back when a local scrapbooking store went out of business, I found a pack of Vintage Victorian paper whose colors matched the then In Color Purely Pomegranate. I tucked away the last of my PP paper with that and basically forgot about it until a friend asked if I had any more Purely Pom paper. I gave her what I could find, but KNEW I had more somewhere. It was a happy surprise to find this patterned paper! Not all the designs worked with the images I wanted to use (Gifts of Christmas) but I do like what I came up with.

I embossed the edge of the Very Vanilla card in gold, and the designer paper as well (but not the mat). I liked that so much I carried on with the envelopes (there you go, that's my over the top touch for this year!). The sentiment on the inside is embossed as well, and matted with the coordinating color. Making 40 of these in one day, I started to worry about my heat gun giving out!





This patterned paper (from the same pack) is shot through with silver marbling, so I decided to try a few with silver. I like these better with the Happy New Year stamp (I will show you those in a few days)-- I think it is just personal preference, I like the gold better.



This paper (still the same pack) was a perfect match for Mellow Moss, and had gold marbling (hard to see that). I liked this combo, too, but my favorite of all was the Purely Pomegranate-- it seemed more the Victorian look I was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment