Sunday, January 3, 2010

Girlie Money Holder

Russell was invited to 2 birthday parties this weekend. As I am up to my ears in paperwork right now, I knew I'd have to do something quick for each of them. Fortunately, my WONDERFUL hubby gave me an electronic cutting system for Christmas, so I played with it and quickly came up with 2 projects (I'll post the other later in the week).

Maddie's birthday party was Saturday. Her mom told me she was saving for an iPod, so that made the gift selection easy-- money! I quickly measured a piece of retired SU Designer paper to wrap around my bill, and for a bib inside to hold the money in place. Maddie does not like pink, so I thought this soft Bashful Blue with tiny flowers was just the ticket. If you can't see the small flowers, just click on the picture itself and it should enlarge. The lace edge was punched with the Lace Edge punch (makes sense, yes?). "Maddie" I cut with Plantin Schoolbook.



On the back, Plantin again for the grass, but various SU punches for the flowers and circle centers. Quick and easy!






And most important-- the inside! I love that the double-sided paper saves me from having to do much with the inside. Happy Birthday, Maddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment