Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Birthday Time!


Happy Birthday to me! Yes, it is that time again (we won't discuss the number!). Just as at Christmas, one of the things I enjoy most is seeing an envelope addressed to me in the mailbox. Tracy was the first this year (she even beat my mother)-- her Fishy Friends crayon resist card is just too cute, but now Russell is mad at me because I sold that set when it retired. I think I can hook him up with some images, though! Heidi was next, using one of my favorite (retired) SAB sets, Send a Celebration. I laughed at the inside sentiment:

FRIEND. GOOD. -Frankenstein

She knows that is the ONE stamp I like from Smarty Pants!

My annual SAB Birthday Bash was last night and today! It may seem funny that I throw myself a party, but it ensures a delicious dessert ( Pampered Chef's Cappucino Mousse Trifle), and that I have fun stamping with some of my favorite people. What better birthday present could I give myself (besides of course all the dies for the Big Shot that I have so far resisted, LOL!).

Birthday card #1 featured Botanical Blooms, a SAB selection this year. That's Raspberry Tart designer paper adding style to a very easy card. The flowers were colored (Pretty in Pink and Rose Red), then painted with Crystal Effects for that shiny raised effect. This one will go to my mom --she gets all my best efforts. Why? because one year I sent her a card I hadn't stamped. My upline (the incomparable Mary Hall) had sent me a GORGEOUS card, and pressed for time, I used it for Mom's birthday. Oh my heavens, the comments on that card. No, not that I didn't stamp it-- she didn't know! But she has NEVER EVER complimented one of my cards so lavishly. I learned my lesson, but I am still trying to top that beautiful card. One day I will get there!

This is the masculine card, using Crazy for Cupcakes. Simple coloring with an aqua painter, and Dazzling Diamonds to make that frosting full of sparkle. Now that I have this cupcake set, I'm looking longingly at all the others........

See why my BS die collection is growing? This is the fastest card I think I have ever done! The Top Notes die provides an elegant setting for the embossed flowers (the die cuts them too!). I knew I would end up with a leaf die. I don't mind cutting at all--except for leaves and stems. This is so much easier! The sentiment is from Elegant Cheer. Love that font!

Finally, a whimsical dragonfly made from elements in the Pretties Kit: a hatpin, bugle beads, and pearls. The wings are petals from Pick a Petal -- his head and antenna are a rhinestone brad! Bella Toile in Bashful Blue creates an oh-so-soft background for him.

What's that? You'd like to RSVP for next year's bash already? Not a problem, I will put you on the list (LOL).

No comments:

Post a Comment