Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cello bags to the rescue again!


I always keep SU!'s cello bags stocked downstairs. This morning is a good example why! Last night, Byron and I took the kids to see Bedtime Stories at the base theatre (great movie! all four of us enjoyed it. Nice to have some family time, too). On the way back, we stopped at Giant to pick up a potted plant as a Valentine's gift for Russell's Sunday School teacher. This morning, I somewhat belatedly remembered that Molly has teachers too! FOUR of them! I guess I should explain that Molly is now in MIDDLE SCHOOL Sunday School, held in the dungeon--I mean basement-- of the Ministry Center. I'm not allowed down there ("MOTH-ER! Some one might SEE you!") so as I have no interaction with the teaching team at all, it is kind of easy to forget about them! I whipped up four candy bags with toppers in maybe 10 minutes. These are the small 3 X 5 cello bags (you can see them on page 157 of the catalog, 50 for $3.95) stuffed with a snack-size Hershey bar, 4 Hershey's miniatures, and 3 Reese's peanut butter cups. Topper is a 3 1/2 X 4 piece of DSP (last year's Dashing, so I used up some more of my hoard! yea!). The heart is from Best Wishes and More, and to be honest, I can't remember which set the sentiment came from! These went together so quickly that I just may do the same for Russell to give his teachers (and the specials teachers, and the nurse, etc) at GES. We like to say thanks! (You have met my kids, right? 'Nuff said!).

No comments:

Post a Comment