Friday, February 6, 2009

Some friends and I got together to craft yesterday. We had such a good time! I concentrated on Valentines. I love A Happy Heart. It really is very versatile, with whimsical, elegant, and playful stamps all in the same set! I particularly like this dandelion image losing hearts in the wind. I CASE'd the main image for this card from LyndaLee28's on SCS, but added ribbon, a scalloped greeting, and different DSP. Drum roll please-- these are addressed, stamped, and waiting in the mailbox as I type this! Now that I have patted myself on the back, I guess I should confess I was supposed to be scrapbooking yesterday but wasn't organized enough to be ready for it!! My friend Audrey is so creative-- and so generous. She makes and donates gift card holders for our church's Gift Card Ministry-- you buy the card through the church, and a portion of the proceeds benefits the Building Fund. Last week she described a punched flower to me and knew from the befuddled expression on my face that I just wasn't getting it. Last night at class she handed me this gift card holder, with the flower on it. All I could say was "WOW" (followed pretty quickly by, "Can I put that on my blog? LOL!). Most of you have the tool to make this flower in your stamp room right now! To make this flower, Audrey punched 3 Scallop Circles. She then cut every other petal, which makes the petals resemble little hearts (so appropriate for this time of year!), layered them, added smaller punched flower (I'm guessing the Spring Bouquet punch) to the center, anchored with a heart brad. Some green punched hearts serve as leaves. She even made her own strip of DSP by striping the bottom of the tag. Beautiful, Audrey!


No comments:

Post a Comment