Sunday, February 1, 2009

Time to USE my stash!

Confession time! I am such a hoarder. I hoard ribbon. Designer papers. Embellishments. I'm not exactly sure why I carefully tuck away all my treasures....surely I had projects in mind when I bought them? Today, I looked at all the In-Color ribbon-- In-Color 2007-2008, thank you-- and decided it was time for action. This ribbon is too pretty not to use, as is the designer paper (yep, almost 2 full packs of that Afternoon Tea DSP sitting in my stash). Plus, if I don't hurry, my In-Color inkpads will dry out and I won't be able to use this! I desperately need to send some thank yous (you know who you are, and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE!). I have seen so many simple, elegant cards lately on SCS and some blogs I find myself on. I was inspired! Thinking back, I didn't CASE anyone's cards, but I am pleased with some of these.
Petal Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi paper, Groovy Guava and Soft Sky inks.
Yes, those are the teeny-tiny Ice rhinestone brads as the flower centers.

The "thanks" is from the new set "Thank You Kindly," page 133 in the catalog. I love the font!



Joy Fold cards with Fun and Fast Notes, another set I should use more often.


The butterflies are from Dreams du Jour-- the Afternoon Tea DSP has chocolate butterflies on the paper, I thought this complimented them. The flower is from Wild Roses-- and I managed it without my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (yea me!) because I couldn't find it (not so yea me).


I stamped this for Byron shortly after the club met last time, and have kept it hidden until now. You'll recognize (of course!) the Top Notes die, cut in half, to serve as a base for the red embossed hearts from A Happy Heart and Best Wishes and More (sentiment: Hugs and Wishes). Have you stamped your Valentine's yet? Better get cracking!


No comments:

Post a Comment