Thursday, September 3, 2009

Birthday girl!





My sister Debbie's birthday is this month. I planned to use Bloomin' Beautiful-- the large image- for her card. I'm not sure what the flower is, but I figured if I colored it in purple, it would remind her of violets or pansies-- both of which she loves, and both of which remind me of her. While surfing my favorite source of inspiration, all plans changed! I followed links from one card in the Bloomin' Beautiful gallery to several others and was just blown away by one card (kharmagirl's). This is almost an exact case, except I think I colored my images with a bit more detail. Can you tell the tips of the petals are outlined with a white signo gel pen? She also wrapped gold cord several times around hers. This photo is not from the best angle-- you can see the edges of the stamped images underneath the mounted ones. Of course, when you use a very dark color for the base, you have to mount light cardstock on the inside for a message. I continued the theme with some Pink Pirouette, edged with the Scallop edge punch, with an inset of Whisper White. I'm itching to get back down in the craft room and do some of these with some orange and golden shades! Can anyone tell me the name of this flower? Leave the answer in a comment and I will send you one of these cards! (I made 2).

2 comments:

  1. The flowers in this image are poppies. I love this stamp set. You've done a beautiful job. I am so happy I found your blog today. I look forward to visiting again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a winnner! Norma, thanks for letting me know these are poppies, and for your comments. If you will send your snail mail address to bandjspencer@hotmail.com, one of these will be in the mail to you on Tuesday! Thanks! julia

    ReplyDelete