Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall cards

I stamped 6 easy cards last night! I left my long-suffering hubby to deal with getting the kids to bed (after I checked backpacks, etc) and stamped away. These were to be for a very important "card mission" (I'll tell you about that in a post later this week) but when I re-read the instructions I found I had ignored some size restrictions!! So these can be used for something else, and I will spend the afternoon recreating similar ones sized correctly.

I hated that Seasonal Whimsy retired! I love fall images as you know, and anything with leaves. Another loss for me was when the Spectrum pad retired-- fortunately all the colors in it are still current, so I re-inked them!

I was inspired by-- where else?-- my favorite stamping site for this design, which I first made with Petra last year for thank you cards for our Staff Appreciation committee members. We had to make over 24 that time, so only did the swirls to suggest the wind, and did not add the cut-out leaves for those. This time though I wanted to add the leaves, and a stronger contrast by using Old Olive for a mat (the originals were a bit monochromatic, with Really Rust and More Mustard mats).
On this one I used the Swirl from Season of Joy and tried to postion stamped leaves to suggest the wind was making them dance. OK, maybe too poetic a description, and I hope the result is not too busy. I do love the colors, and one of my favorite fall moments is to see a cluster of leaves suddenly swept up into a whirlwind.

Looking at these pictures-- taken on the floor of the family room-- I think it is time to write MAKE A LIGHT BOX on my to-do list so I don't keep taking close-ups of the family room carpet!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment