Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Can't stop painting pumpkins!

Happy Veteran's Day! I hope you are enjoying the holiday (it felt so good to sleep a little longer today). I really enjoyed the Veteran's Appreciation program at Russell's school yesterday. Pastries were served in the library before the whole school gathered at the flagpole to honor the veterans with patriotic songs and their service hymns. Byron was able to attend, in uniform. He then went to Molly's school-- they honored veterans at lunch. It doesn't always work out that he can participate when the schools do something; I am so glad he was yesterday. Take a moment today to offer a prayer of thanks for our veterans, and even better-- thank one for his or her service.



It's true, I am addicted to watercolor paper and the lovely pumpkins in Harvest Home. This time, after a base of More Mustard, I striped them in Only Orange and Pumpkin Pie. I love it when the colors are vibrant like this. And as Petra pointed out when she chose the colors for the card base, sedate background colors keep the focus on the watercolored image instead of what is going on around it. She ran by to drop off some things and I dragged her downstairs to help me chose--- then argued with her about her choices!! In the end I admitted she was right (boy was SHE surprised!) and even sent her one as a thank you. She painted the fire-tipped leaves for me as we talked, aren't they lovely? If I had time I would make a card with only those leaves! Assuming, that is, that she would paint them for me-- mine came out a bit muddy.





The finished card:
CS: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Watercolor paper
Embellishments: Baja Breeze Striped Grosgrain, brads, Petra's leaves

I forgot to take a picture of the inside. I mounted a 5 1/8" X 3 7/8" piece of Very Vanilla sponged with Baja Breeze. On it I stamped the sentiment from Harvest Home:
Season of Thanks
Season of Blessings
Season of Love

On most of the cards ( I sent 12!! my mail lady loves me, she says I'm keeping her employed) I wrote: "Enjoy the season!"

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment