Saturday, November 7, 2009

A card for Noah



Today I read on SCS about Noah, a little boy dying of cancer. Noah was diagnosed with Stage IV Neuroblastoma in February 2007. He went into remission in August 2007. In September 2008, Noah relapsed with lesions in his right arm and right leg. After going through six different trials, the cancer continues to spread.

Sadly, Noah will not make it to Christmas. The Biorkman family has decided to celebrate early with him. Friends and civic groups in Detroit are pitching in to help (Santa will come by, courtesy of the fire department). And cardmakers are asked to help out, too, by sending a card.

Please help the fulfill the Biorkman family's wish to make this the best Christmas ever for Noah.

You can send your Christmas cards to:

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountian View Circle
South Lyon,Mi 48178

Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/biorkman.asp

Detroit news video:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/21525126/index.html.

Obviously, time is of the essence, so I dug into my stash of cards instead of stamping a new card. This was my Christmas card 3 years ago. I hope Noah likes it.

Card details:
Stamp City of David in Staz On on a precut circle. Color as desired. Cover the entire circle with Versamark ink and emboss with a mixture of clear embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds (this is called Faux Diamond Dust, and really makes cards pop!). The top of the ornament is a scrap of Brushed Gold cut with specialty scissors (now I would just use our Scalloped Edge punch) and you can use anything that works for the branches (this is the large single tree from Lovely as a Tree). Someone on SCS was the first to do this and I fell in love with it-- I wish I had written down who, so I could give credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment