Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas is coming.......

Come on, now, confess-- how many of you automatically sang along with "the goose is getting fat, please put a penny in the poor man's hat!". Ohh--just me? Blame it on my mother, who hails from England. I never hear that phrase without a snippet of the song running through my brain!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and snagged some Black Friday deals! Molly and I went out around 11 and were amazed at the lack of crowds. Not much on either of our shopping lists. My big-hearted daughter scooped 2 tags off the Angel Tree; she's using her cat-sitting money to buy presents for a 6-yr old girl and 9-yr old boy. Then we dropped by the music store to pick up Russell's drum set. They actually called Tuesday to let me know it was in and (bad parent!!) I just couldn't face it, I left it until today. He's thrilled and I am ready to buy the rubber pads that fit on top to save my sanity.

I have a ton of new pictures (which I will whittle down to 6 or so) but the photo editing package is not cooperating, so here is one my 2008 Club ladies (I miss you!) will recognize. This was inspired by Master Brayer Artist Michele Zindorf. We took the easy way out and sponged our dawn sky-- I did try several times to get the same amazing effects she does, without success, so out came the sponges.

No comments:

Post a Comment